- Rechargeable and replaceable long life lithium ion battery
- 3-Watt (3,000mW) amplified speaker built in (over 10x the power in popular spirit boxes)
- FM scan range: 87.5 – 108.0
- AM scan range: 522 – 1710
- Red LCD display to preserve night vision
- Scratch resistant coating
- Precision volume control wheel
- Micro SD card slot for recording and playback (32GB max)
- Onboard white LED flashlight
- Headphone port
- USB data port for file transfer/sharing
- USB charging port
- Antenna extends to 15″ and folds back into place (4″ when retracted)
- Wrist strap with connected stand
- USB data and charging cables included
With the rechargeable battery built in you’ll get up to 6 hours of continuous use on a single charge. Of course, it can be recharged just using any USB charger including. If you happen to need more time than that. No problem, my friend. Just grab any USB battery pack and plug it in for a quick boost. Naturally, a nearby wall outlet will be even better for unlimited use if you want to leave it going all night. It’s quick, easy and saves money on batteries.
Take note that the recording function and speaker volume does drain battery depending on settings: louder drains more power. So, we suggest just keeping the volume at a level you’re comfortable with. While the SBox has a powerful speaker on board, no reason to crank it up for the neighbors and save on battery time.
NOTE: We do suggest making sure to take the battery out of the SBox when storing. For quick access, the built-in flashlight is programmed to always be in ‘standby mode’ in case you need it quick. The takeaway here, is that even when the unit is off, it may drain the battery very slightly over time. So, if SBox is stored for some time in a case, even with a full charge, it’s possible will come out with a drained battery at some point.
- 6 hours in standby (no scanning)
- 6 hours scanning using headphones
- 4.5 hours scanning with speaker at volume 15
- 3.75 hours scanning and recording with speaker at volume 15
- 3.75 hours scanning with speaker volume at 25
For instructions on use, see our SBox directions.